Terms & Conditions
Agogo Market Behaviour
Welcome to Agogo Market the online shopping and charitable community. Before you get started please have a look at the platform etiquette that we, along with your fellow community members, expect you to adhere to. Our full legal terms and conditions are below.
- Be polite and respectful
- Reply to messages promptly
- Leave a fair rating on buyers/sellers after the transaction
- Always use a recent picture(s) of your item
- Try to give as much description as you can on your item
- Follow through with the transaction that you have arranged
- Report users who you see violating our policies or selling suspicious items
- Post an item for sale that is not located in Barbados.
- Post an item for sale that is illegal to own, buy and sell in Barbados.
- Post duplicate ads in multiple categories.
- Post ads using multiple different email addresses.
- Post an ad that serves no other purpose other than to send traffic to a web site.
- Post an ad containing a list of keywords not directly related to the item being sold.
- Post an ad that contains adult, mature or erotic content. Personals are not allowed.
- Post an ad that defames anyone or contains “hate speech".
- Post opinions, notices, and discussion topics which should instead be posted on social media sites.
- Post an ad in an incorrect or misleading category or with misleading information.
- Post as a Private Seller, Owner, or Individual when you are a Business, Dealer or Professional.
- Offer services which you are not qualified or capable to perform
- Users must be at least 18 years old to post ads on their own. Ads for under aged users must be posted by an adult for security reasons.
- Any ads that do not comply with Agogo Market Terms and Conditions will be removed from the site. Additionally, users who violate such policies may be blocked from using Agogo Market in the future.
- We may, at any time, remove an ad if we believe it interferes with the well-being of the community or the spirit of Agogo Market.
- All transactions between buyers and sellers are at your own risk and Agogo Market accepts no responsibility in the event of items not as described
Our general rule is that you may not list, buy or sell items or services that are illegal to own, buy or sell in Barbados, or that are not bought or sold in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. You are responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws relating to the item you list, buy or sell.
WELCOME AGOGO MARKET (AM)
In order to access and use some or a portion of the Services, you may be required to register with us and set up an account with your email address and a password or link Google or Facebook account credentials (your “Account”). The email address you provide will be your email address, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. Therefore, you should protect your password and make your password difficult for others to guess.
USING THE SERVICES
You will advertise in the appropriate category or area and will not do any of the following bad things:
- violate any laws or or our Market Behaviour;
- be false or misleading;
- contact another user for any other reason than the posted advertisement;
- infringe any third-party right;
- distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm AM or the interests or property of AM users;
- impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of the AM;
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access AM and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to AM.
ABUSING AM SERVICES
Please use the flagging system to tell us about any problems or offensive content so that together we can keep the Services site working properly. We may limit or terminate our Services, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off AM if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off AM or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring AM or for unauthorized or unlawful content on AM or use of AM by users.
FEES & SERVICES
Using many of the Services is free. We may charge fees for certain categories or premium Services. If the service you use charges a fee, you will be able to review and accept that charge. Our fees are quoted in Barbados Dollars, and we may change them from time to time. We will notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on the site. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service. Our fees are non-refundable, and you are responsible for paying them when they’re due. If you don’t, we may limit your ability to use the Services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms.
VAT taxes associated with our Services will be collected when applicable. You agree to provide accurate address information necessary for AM to comply with its obligations under applicable law. To the extent that such information is not provided, AM will in its discretion determine and collect appropriate taxes.
You are solely responsible to collect and remit any applicable taxes resulting from the sale of your items or services listed on AM.
Advertisements and other user/site content contains stuff from us, you, and other users (as well as from our third party service providers). You agree not to copy, modify, resell or distribute the Services, our copyrights or trademarks. When you give us content, you are granting us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights to that content. If you believe that your rights have been violated, please notify us immediately and we will investigate the matter. We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms or the rights of any other party.
REPORTING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENTS
Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). Do not post content that contains any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from each such individual as may be required. We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms, our policies or of any party’s rights. The following steps are for reporting a listing to AM that you believe to be infringing on your intellectual property rights. Only the intellectual property rights owner can report of potentially infringing items or listings through. If you have a good faith belief that a listing on any of the Services infringes your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, contact us at email@example.com. After we receive notice, AM will confirm receipt and begin investigation. We reserve the right to share, in accordance with applicable law, the information included in your report and the results of our investigation with the third party that originally posted the potentially infringing listing.
DISCLAIMERS & LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
The Services are provided “as is” and “as available”. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do. You also agree not to hold us responsible for the payment processing of other service providers such as PayPal or Stripe. You acknowledge and agree that by making payments through AM with that Third Party Payment Processor, you are bound by that Third Party Payment Processor’s applicable terms and conditions, and we are not liable for any loss, claims or damages howsoever arising in connection with that third party’s services). As most of the stuff on the Services comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy or timeliness of any postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what is offered. We also cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our Services. Notification functionality in our Services may not occur in real time. Such functionality is subject to delays beyond our control, including without limitation, delays or latency due to your physical location or your wireless data service provider’s network. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of AM, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Despite the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability in tort, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you pay to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) 100 Barbados Dollars.
You will indemnify and hold harmless AM and its affiliates and our and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (each an “Indemnified Party”), from any claim made by any third party, together with any amounts payable to the third party whether in settlement or as may otherwise be awarded, and reasonable legal costs incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties, arising from or relating to your use of the Services, any alleged violation by you of the applicable terms, and any alleged violation by you of any applicable law or regulation. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, but doing so will not excuse your indemnity obligations.
You may be asked to leave a review when messaging with other users on AM. Reviews consist of a 1-5-star rating and selected reasons why you’ve chosen that review. Your submitted review, user name, profile photo (if available), and the category of the seller’s listing will be made public. User reviews should be left in good faith, ensuring that both you and the other user are depicting your interaction fairly. When leaving a review on another user’s account, the review should:
- be truthful to what happened between you and the other user
- not be left in an attempt to harass or abuse another user
- not be in left in an attempt to manipulate or mislead other users
To ensure the integrity of the review system, users are not able to edit or remove reviews on their own profile or someone else’s. AM will also not mediate review-related disputes. User reviews reflect the opinions of individual AM users and do not reflect the opinion of AM.
These terms and the other policies posted on the Services constitute the entire agreement between us and you, superseding any prior agreements. This agreement is governed by the laws of Barbados. We both submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Barbados. This will not affect your statutory rights if you are a consumer and applicable consumer law requires application of another law for certain topics. If we don’t enforce any particular provision, we are not waiving our right to do so later. If a court strikes down any of these terms, the remaining terms will survive. We may automatically assign this agreement in our sole discretion in accordance with the notice provision below (our assignment to an affiliate will not require notice).
We may update this agreement at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use the site or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. No other amendment to this agreement will be effective unless made in writing, signed by users and by us. Send questions, comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org.