Updated: June 15, 2020
SCOPE & CONSENT
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
You can visit our Website without registering for an account. When you decide to provide us with your personal information, you agree that such information is sent to and stored on our servers. We collect the following types of personal information:
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
When you visit our Website, use our Services and or reply to ads or other content, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other equipment that provides access. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- information from your interaction with our Website and Services, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from www.agogo.market, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and
- information we collect through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect and store any information you enter on our Website or that you provide to us when you use our Services. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- information that you provide to us when you register for an account or for the Services that you use;
- additional information that you may provide to us through social media sites or third party Services;
- information provided in the context of dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website or correspondence that is sent to us;
- information about your location and the location of your device, including your device’s unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device, and
- your resume if you choose to submit it to us for consideration through our jobs page
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This information includes, but is not limited to: demographic data, navigation data, additional contact data and additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You agree that we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you access to our Services and Customer Support by means of online chat, e-mail or telephone;
- to personalize, measure and improve our Services, content and ads;
- to provide you with other services that you have requested, as described when we collected the information, and
- to consider you as a potential candidate to work at Agogo Market if you choose to upload your resume through our careers page or send to us directly.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH AND REGISTRATION ON SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
We may offer sign-on Services that enable you to access the Website or related websites with your login credentials. We can also offer Services that enable you to share information with third party social media websites, such as Facebook, Google and Twitter.
TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- service providerswith whom we have entered into an agreement to help us provide our Services on the website, such as financial service providers, marketing agencies and technical support. In such cases, the personal information shall remain under the control of Living Media Inc.
- to comply with legal obligations or a court order; or
- if this is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses, such as fraud, deceit or prosecution, or
- if it is necessary to maintain our policies or to protect the rights and freedoms of others.
- other third partiesto whom you have given consent to share your information via Agogo Market, e.g. in the framework of a cooperation;
- companiesthat we intend to merge with in the context of a re-organisation or that acquire us;
- an intellectual property ownerif the owner of an intellectual property right or an intermediary in good faith believes that an advertisement violates the rights of the owner. Before personal information is provided, the IP owner will enter into an agreement that, inter alia, stipulates that information is only provided on the strict condition that it may only be used in the context of legal proceedings and/or obtaining legal advice and/or to answer questions from the relevant advertiser
Without limitation to the foregoing, we shall moreover – in our efforts to respect your privacy and to keep the website free of malicious persons or parties – not disclose your personal information to third parties without a court order or formal request from the government in accordance with applicable law, unless we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to prevent impending injury or financial damages or to report alleged illegal activities.
INFORMATION YOU SHARE ON WWW.AGOGO.MARKET
Our Website allows users to share advertisements and other information with other users, thereby making this shared information accessible to other users. Since our Website also enables you to directly contact a buyer or seller, we recommend that you consider how you share your personal information with others. You are solely responsible for the personal information you share through our Website and therefore we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of the information shared by you with other users.
In case you visit our Website from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, we strongly recommend that you log off after each session. If you do not want the shared computer to remember you and/or your credentials, you will need to remove cookies and/or the history of your website visits.
You agree that we may use the information collected by us to send you offers, whether personalised or not, or to contact you by telephone regarding products or Services offered by Agogo Market or companies of the Living Media Inc. Group.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our Services and functionalities.
When you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can, where applicable, change your preferences in your Agogo Market account, or follow the unsubscribe link in the marketing communication you received.
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization using your identified personal information or re-targeting/tracking programs, you can opt-out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement. The effect of an opt-out will be to stop personalized advertising, but it will still allow the collection of information for certain purposes such as usage, research, analytics and internal online services operation purposes). You may still see non-personalized advertisements, including ads based on general geographic region. In addition to that, we do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our sites for their own advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
When you use our Services, we and our service providers may place cookies (data files on your phone or mobile device’s drive) or web beacons (electronic images that are placed in a web page’s code) or similar technologies.
We offer certain site features, services, applications, and tools that are available only through the use of these technologies. You are always free to block, delete, or disable these technologies if your browser, installed application, or device so permits. However, if you decline cookies or other similar technologies, you may not be able to take advantage of certain site features, services, applications, or tools. You may also be required to re-enter your password more frequently during your browsing session. For more information on how you can block, delete, or disable these technologies, please review your browser or device settings.
Generally, these technologies allow our sites, services, applications, and tools to store relevant information in your browser or device and later read that information in order to identify you to our servers or internal systems. Where applicable, we protect our cookies and other similar technologies to help ensure that only we and/or our authorized service providers can interpret them by assigning them a unique identifier that is designed for interpretation only by us. We do not store any of your personal information on any of our cookies or other similar technologies.
Any personal information that we collect and store through use of these technologies is first obtained through notice and consent: We obtain your consent by providing you with transparent notice of use of the technologies and providing you with the opportunity to make a choice to disable these technologies as set forth above.
ACCESSING, REVIEWING & CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
PROTECTION & RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We protect your information by using technical and administrative security measures (such as firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative access controls to the data and servers) that limit the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, and alteration. Nevertheless, if you believe your account has been abused, please contact us through the Contact Form.
We retain personal information no longer than is legally permissible and delete personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purposes as described above.
ABUSE & UNSOLICITED COMMUNICATIONS
We do not tolerate abuse of our Website. You do not have permission to add other Agogo Market users to your mailing list (e-mail or postal) for personal or commercial purposes, even if a user has purchased something from you, unless the user has given his/her explicit consent. If you notice that someone is abusing our Website (spam or spoof emails), please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.