The members in the Agogo Market community are trustworthy and well-meaning. If you haven’t already read our community etiquette, please do so now. As with any online marketplace or transaction in the community, we cannot promise that all community members are good people. We therefore recommend you to take the same common sense precautions responding to online ads as you would offline.
When meeting someone for the first time to complete a transaction, please remember to:
- Insist on a public meeting place like a cafe, bank, or shopping mall whenever possible.
- Do not meet in a secluded place.
- If you must show furniture or other large items at home, ensure you have family or neighbours with you. Move the items outside if possible.
- Be especially careful buying/selling high value items such as electronics and consider completing the transaction at the bank.
- Tell a friend or family member where you’re going.
- Take your cell phone along if you have one.
- Consider having a friend or family member accompany you.
- Use the secure messaging system on Agogo Market if you do not want to share your phone number or email.
- Check previous reviews of community members before you agree on a sale.
- Trust your instincts.
Taking these simple precautions help make Agogo Market a safer community for everyone.